|Size:||850,000 Sq Ft|
Nine phases of renovation for the 850,000 SF Security West Facility, located at SSA Headquarters Campus in Woodlawn, MD. The goal of the alternation was to consolidate the Office of Disability Operations within a contiguous space that is modernized to meet new program requirements, and reorganize in an efficient layout. All design was provided in compliance with GSA Standards and was phased to allow for continuous operation of the entire facility throughout the construction period.
Design services included the following:
- Modernization of air handling units, duct air distribution systems, diffuser layout, and hydronic water piping to accommodate the new design layout of the entire space.
- Portions of the facility were redesigned to accommodate meeting rooms, conference rooms, interview rooms, and private offices.
- HVAC system design was provided to meet the updated requirements of ventilation codes.
- The existing building energy management system in the facility was expanded and updated to accommodate the requirement of renovations.
- Existing air distribution system and diffusers throughout the facility was professionally cleaned and re-certified.
- The testing, adjusting, and balancing of the entire HVAC system, including the existing system was performed and analyzed to meet the requirements of the project.
- Plumbing modifications provided for new appliance centers including cold water, hot water, hot water re-circulation, sanitary and vent piping throughout the building.
- The sprinkler system was modified throughout the project area to accommodate the requirements of the new design layout.
- Electrical design included modifications to numerous systems as required by GSA/SSA Standards and as required per Code, as follows:
- Lighting upgrades throughout utilizing high efficiency fluorescent fixtures and ballasts as well as LED fixtures.
- Fire alarm/life safety system upgrades to comply with NFPA and GSA Standards included additional horns/strobes throughout the renovated areas as well as any associated HVAC connections. All equipment is tied into the existing building addressable fire control panel.
- New electrical distribution and panelboards designed to meet the new design and provide the facility with room for future expansion. New design also included connections to appliance centers, modular furniture and computer control centers with isolated grounds.
Construction Administration services included shop drawing review, field inspection, requisition payment review, and attendance of bi-weekly construction meetings, project punch-outs, etc.