Two story masonry structure containing a State Police Barrack, office/ meeting space, and a forensic laboratory for the Western Maryland Regional Crime Lab. This project also includes a 4,350 gsf service garage. The barracks houses a State Police Dispatch Center with operator consoles for call handling and Maryland State Police dispatching. Special function spaces include laboratories, inmate holding, dispatch, and vehicle repair facilities.
Mechanical and electrical detailed design was provided for the following:
- Central boilers and chiller utilizing a four pipe distribution system.
- Central built up air handling units.
- VAV terminal units with hydronic heat
- Dedicated exhaust systems to separate general and lab exhaust.
- Laboratory environmental system with temperature, humidity, and pressurization control and monitoring.
- Relocation of underground fiber optic communication cabling between the barracks and a nearby radio tower, without disruption of critical services.
- Relocation of underground Verizon and State of Maryland fiber cables, without disruption of critical services.
- Fiber optic communications.
- Card access
- Fire alarm
- Security systems
- Emergency generator and UPS backup of critical functions.