Kibart fulfilled the role of Prime Consultant, as well as mechanical and electrical engineering for the installation of air conditioning for this 68,490 SF elementary school, originally built in 1955. M/E/P services and design features include:
- Demolition of the existing rooftop heating and ventilating units, unit ventilators and air handling units.
- Installation of a high efficiency air cooled chiller within a pre-engineered acoustical enclosure.
- Two dual temperature pumps with variable frequency drives.
- Two dedicated outside air units with energy recovery to provide ventilation.
- All new HVAC.
- Three single zone rooftop units.
- Smoke dampers installed to meet code.
- A new DDC Building Energy Management system replacing the existing system.
- Plumbing design related to HVAC and miscellaneous improvements.
- Electrical service upgraded to accommodate new HVAC equipment.
- New 277/480 V 2000A switchboard and temporary generator docking station allows entire school to be powered by roll-up generator.
- Upgrade of high efficiency LED lighting throughout the building.
- Upgrade of existing fire alarm control panel to Edwards EST 3S.
- Miscellaneous plumbing modifications.
- Pursued BGE Energy Rebate Program.