45,000 Sq Ft
Kibart provided electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection design and construction services for a new two story 45,000 SF state of the art headquarters and dispatching/operations center from which Cowan controls all of their equipment, including 2,700 trailers.
- Packaged gas-fired VAV roof-top system with terminal electric heat
- Each floor was provided with a separate roof top unit. Fan powered VAV boxes with electric heat were used for the perimeter zones, while standard VAV boxes were utilized for most interior zones.
- Sound attenuators were also utilized in selected areas to provide acoustically acceptable environment.
- Exposed ductwork was used for the two story section of the building to match architectural design intent.
- A separate unit was specially designed for the computer room to control both the temperature and humidity.
- DDC building management control system was utilized for the entire mechanical systems.
- The plumbing system included electric water heater with distribution system to serve various fixtures, including shower facility, in the restrooms.
- The sprinkler system included the wet system for the office section, and both pre-action and FM-200 for the computer room.
- Emergency generator
- IT cable systems
- FM200/ extinguishing, sprinkler and VAV HVAC systems.
- Special systems also included card access, fire alarm, and CCTV systems